Sunday, February 13, 2011

New Job

Today was my first youth group meeting at my new parish, Most Precious Blood in Corpus Christi Texas.
Really amazing, I cant believe I'm back in full time ministry. In August I stepped away from a job and parish I loved in Lexington Ky. I knew God was calling me to take some time to be refreshed and renewed. I believed I would find myself working in ministry again, but closer to home in a small parish. Still here I am in a big church another 20 hours from Schenectady NY.

It is only appropriate my first task was to lead a bible study on Philippians. We spent our time talking about discerning God's will.

Why do we want to do God's will? Because nothing makes us happier then doing what God wants for us at any moment.

How do we know? By talking to God everyday so we recognize His voice when He calls us to do something.

Then what? Be obedient.
 

Have among yourselves the same attitude that is also yours in Christ Jesus, Who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped.

Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness;  and found human in appearance, he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. 

Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name,
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. So then, my beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling. For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.

Philippians 2: 5-13



I am so thankful to be where God wants me to be, and trust that all things will work for my good and His glory.

In Christ
JoCip

3 comments:

  1. my brother, I miss you, I'm praying for you and I'm so proud of you! Thanks for sharing the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you back in the saddle, Jo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really odd to not see you at church anymore. New band even. A lot changed all at once! Hope you really enjoy Corpus Christi! Maybe I will see you at an upcoming wedding soon. Oh yeah post more!

    ReplyDelete