Thursday, February 24, 2011

New York New Home- my bro

Ok truthfully I'm just really excited for the Knicks. Carmelo Amare Chauncey.. wow, anyway.

Home has been a big part of my prayer recently for a few big reasons; my brother was seriously ill earlier this month, I accepted a job way too far away from Schenectady, and I was just able to spend a week home for my boy Marky Marks wedding.

My Brother

Earlier this month my bro got really sick. Honestly it was really scary for our entire family.  It made me reflect on a lot of things. First, my relationship with my bro. I have always loved him, but we never go out of our way to build our relationship. But as kid I looked up to him, I loved playing sports with him and he toughened me up taught me to be strong and play hard. I love sports and don't think i would in the same way without my bro. Another thing he gave me was a love for the Knicks. When I was real small a friend of mine loved the Bulls and we were watching a game when my bro came in and said he liked the Knicks better. From that moment on i obsessed over the Knicks and played basketball everyday. When I found out he was in the hospital I felt closer to him when I would go shoot around and think and pray for my brother. I love sports a lot. Why? Because it's part of how i love my bro and my dad for that matter.  Its part of what makes me feel at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment